March 12, 2011

Outside Playtime

Puppies are starting to go outside a few times a day now.

I'll tell you, it's different for me to have a litter NOT in the middle of winter.  This is a first for me.  In the past, I've had to plop them in a snowbank for 5 minutes at a time to introduce them to the great outdoors. they were not happy campers.


It was 28 degrees C today and they were outside several times.  Once for a couple hours...when it cooled down to 22C.  What a treat!!

They were initially overwhelmed by being outside their whelping box at first, but now they seem to enjoy their time in the sun.  I can't wait to take them for little adventure walks and puddle jumps in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, they're getting big. I love it when they start playing with each other!

Sarah said...

awww they are so cute!!