March 20, 2011

Miss Libby

Libby was going to run her first derby next week-end in Louisiana.

She came into season last week.

Oh well, she could use more training.

She's coming along real nice and looks like she's going to be a fun dog for me.

Unfortunately Libby is going to have to be spayed.  She will not pass an eye CERF.  I wanted to let her have one heat cycle and we're going to spay her as soon as it's convenient.

She's one of the reasons why I'm a little leery about getting puppy eye CERFs.  Her condition should have been caught at her eye CERF at 7 weeks old, but it wasn't.  It happens.  CERF vets are humans too, and the puppy's eyes are changing so much at that age.  I've always gotten puppy eye CERFs and probably always will though.

A bit heartbreaking for me as she's the first pup I've kept out of one of my breedings.  But, she marks great and can see fine.  I'll have a nice trial dog where I won't have to worry about heat cycles after this one.

I wouldn't trade her for the world.

No comments: