June 29, 2010

Saskatoon

Went to a trial in Saskatchewan last week.

Ran the girls the first day and judged the Open the second day.

I thought I was having a decent day after the water blind with Darbi.  Nothing spectacular, but decent.  We got dropped.  I never mind getting dropped (for the most part), I just hate not knowing why.  Obviously the judges saw something they didn't like...I just wish I knew what it was.

Miikka, as usual, was the drama queen.  I had to make my first "walk of shame" running her.

The birds were shot middle, right and then left.  When the middle bird was shot, Miikka head swung over to the left hand bird and missed the right bird being thrown entirely.
After pinning the first two birds, she was a bit clueless on the long retired obviously.  I sent her and she went out to never, never land and got lost.  She ended up back in the middle bird.  I tried to handle, but she didn't stop and then I tried to pick her up (bring her in) to no avail.  So after much whistling and many "no heres" from line, I had to walk ALL the way out into the field to get her.

What a brat.  It made me giggle a bit though, as only Miikka can do.

No comments: