May 20, 2012

Proud of the gang

We had a great week-end.

Our truck of dogs is so young and we know we need a couple years to re-build an All-Age truck, but it's sure been fun watching them grow and develop.

I think out of our 22 dogs that we have in training (including my girls), 18 of them are 4 or under.

Well, the kids rocked it this week-end.

We got 1st AND 2nd in the Open!!  My boy Boomer WON and Darbi's young son Turq (Prime x Darbi 2008) got second.  Boomer is not actually mine, but I like to pretend he is.

Riot, who's a riot, got SECOND in the Amateur and he's only 2 1/2 years old!  And Pacer was fourth in the Amateur as well.  We just got Pacer back, and he spent a number of years with Kenny earlier in his career.  He's a cool dog.  (He's FC AFC Fat City Pacer for those who follow trials).

Miss Libby, as you know, got 4th in the Qualifying and we also got third and RJAM in the Derby with Roy and one of my little boys Stanley.  I now like to think of myself as Stanley's "other" mother.

Hard to believe we had FIFTEEN yard dogs in January.  It was a lot of work, let me tell you, getting all these guys up and running and we have a few more in the pipeline itching to make their debuts.

Ahti is coming along, as is her brother Razor, and we're holding them back a bit as they are a bit...um...shall we say...wild?  Not at all what I expected from a Darbi pup, but it is what it is and we're rolling with it.  We're hoping they'll be ready to break out in the Derby in July.  Plus poor Ahti had to sit out 6 weeks with her wrist injury at a critical time in her training.

Our dogs are fun to train and we're sure having a lot of fun training them.

It's hard work and it's a grind, but it's perfect.


No comments: