April 24, 2010

Jayhawk Trial

I'm in Kansas and am running the Jayhawk trial.  Beautiful grounds and great people.

I ran Darbi and Miikka in the Open and am proud of them both.

Darbi did a very well on the first test, a triple with two retired guns.  38 dogs (of 70+ starters) were called back to the second series.  
The second series was a double land blind.  Darbs did the first blind in 3 whistles and had great momentum and she was trying hard.  She had a GREAT initial line on the second blind, and was again trying hard.  I blew a whistle to get her through some cover when it probably wasn't necessary as she was right on line.  I then had to blow another whistle and it turned out I was too late with that one, and I lost her around the cover.  She re-appeared, but was off line 10-15 yards.  I used one more whistle to put her on the bird.  I thought it may play, but alas, it was not enough.

Miikka had great marks on the flyer and the short retired and hunted on the long retired.  Long hunts didn't play this week-end and she was dropped.

A little photo story of Miikka in the first series.

Sitting very nicely watching the long retired get thrown.



And NOT sitting at all by the time the flyer was thrown.  She never moves her feet, but she crouches like a track star.  It made me laugh.




Peanut loves her flyers.


Fingers crossed for Turq right now.  He's in the last series of his FIRST Derby tomorrow and has run a pretty nice trial so far.

No comments: