April 12, 2010

Fun Day Training

Sorry I've been away from my blog.  I went on a get-away to Las Vegas this past week and had a GREAT time.  Saw some shows...lost some money...you know how it goes.

The Bluebonnets are in full bloom!  This is the view from the kennel at Vinwood Retrievers, where the dogs stay while in Texas.



And this is one of our set-ups today.  Long flier go-bird and come back and pick up the short retired.  I'm not standing exactly on line for this pic, and had to zoom in so the two guns could be seen in the picture.
I'm getting to be a pretty decent flier shooter myself and will go out and shoot birds alone most times now.  I never thought I could get good at it...but practice makes perfect.


FC AFC Tangata Manu watches us train dogs for awhile.  He is retired now, but was sure a great dog in his day...and still is.



Libby decided she needed to sit under my chair and play peek-a-boo.



And then make faces at me...



She is sure doing well.  She lives to retrieve and hits the water hard on her baby water marks.  She is even getting marks on land across channels of water and re-enters the water right away after she picks up the bumper!
When she gets walking singles, she will run back to me, spit the bumper out and whip around to look for the next one. It is very cute, just like her.

1 comment:

Paws on the Run said...

Love those two pics of Libby playing Peek-a-Boo. She looks like quite the character!