March 10, 2010

No More Metal!



Libby and I went back to Texas A&M today for an assessment and x-ray by the ortho team and a re-bandage.

I was stunned when they brought her back out two hours later with no plate and pins!

The ortho vets showed me her x-rays and said that her bone has healed! He said puppies this young are "bone-growing machines".

Libby is wearing this fancy dressing for 2 days and then it can come off completely. It is there to prevent infections while her pin holes heal and scab over.

I was instructed to keep Libby restricted in her activity for the next week or so, and then she can be a full-blown puppy again!!
I can't wait!!

I must say, she has been amazing through all of this. She never messed with her bandages, she was patient with dressing changes and she tried to charge around on her leg like nothing was wrong.

The staff at A&M are also amazing! Libby had incredible care there. The first year ortho resident came in today on her day off when she heard Libby was booked in. Big thanks to them.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Wow, thats amazing. And great news too. Diana