February 28, 2010

Libby's home!

I went to visit Libby today and they told me I could bring her home!!

She is doing great and they want me to bring her back in this week for a dressing change and re-assess.
Her jaw definitely feels much better and she is chewing everything in sight. She's only allowed soft food, and apparently my fingers, though to chew on.

Here is a picture of her x-rays post surgery. The plate is an "external fixation device" and on the outside of her leg. The ortho vet told me she could have it off in as little as 3 weeks. Because she is so young, her bones should heal very quickly.



Libby was also given a very stylish Elizabethan Collar to wear when crated, which will be most of the day from now on.



A pic of what Libby's leg looks like to me. She weight bears and is able to flex her stifle and hock, so she gets around pretty good and can squat to go potty. She is a "wild woman", as explained by the surgeons, so we have to very carefully supervise her when she's out of her crate to be sure she isn't going to impede the healing by leaping around.

No comments: