September 2, 2009

Did something crazy

So I did something crazy yesterday.
I bought a horse....or PART of a horse.
I own a share of "Cactus Cut" now.
He is a gray thoroughbred yearling who will hopefully make it to the races next year.
Horses are my first love and I was heavily involved in them until about 10 years ago. Before I went to paramedic school, I even got an Animal Science diploma with a major in Equine Science in Wyoming.
I rode/trained/showed mostly Quarter Horses, but was also deep into the racehorse world via my family who owned a large breeding and racing stable.
I'll post pics of him and updates from time to time. He left the sale to be turned out for a while and will be broken to ride later this fall.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

i am so excited for you!

Can I live vicariously through you and your Racehorse?

(my first love too :) )

manymuddypaws said...

that's super crazy! i saw it on facebook and thought you were a little nuts, but now i see you only bought a part of him....makes it a little less crazy! :o)