August 31, 2009

Red Deer Week-end

Had a good week-end in Red Deer.

Miikka finished the Open the first day with a CM. She ran a very nice trial, but had a Gorilla (with a capital G) hunt on the last bird of the day. I was so pleased with her work.
Darbi went out in the first test. She faded with the wind and couldn't recover. She showed a bit of her old spark, but not all of it. Maybe she's just burnt out. She's been working pretty hard since going to Texas in January, so a nice break this fall with some duck hunting may be all that she needs.

I judged the second day and had a great time with my co-judge. As usual, I learn a lot every time I judge.

Next week-end is another trial in Red Deer. That will be my last Canadian trial for the year, and maybe my last trial this year period. I'm expecting Miikka to come in season soon, and Darbi probably needs a rest.

No comments: