May 6, 2009

All in the family

I went for a walk yesterday with Maiya.  She is a one year old lab and is cute as a button.

Maiya's sire is "Satch", who is also Miikka's sire.  Maiya's dam is a daughter of Darbi's sire "Rex".  "Satch" is also a littermate to Darbi's mother "Boo".

Still with me?

It was so much fun hanging out with her.  She looks just like Darbi, but acts just like Miikka.  For example, like Miikka, she swam around in a pond forever chasing after geese who were smart enough to stay JUST out of her reach.  If Darbi was here, she would just stand there and shake her head.

I asked her owner to take a couple pics of me and her and, like Miikka again, the photo session was an event full of rolling, licking and general naughtiness.

Firstly...
(the whole time I'm saying "sit, get serious, c'mon, sit up, stop clowning around")


And finally...
(notice my fingers digging into her chest...I believe I was holding her front legs off the ground)

I miss my girls.  Just a few more days now...

No comments: