March 7, 2013

1000 stories

Oh the stories these feet could tell. Every grey hair is a chapter in Darbi's book of life.

Some of the pages are old and faded and some chapters are short, while others long, too long.

Like the first Derby she ever ran where I handled to the go bird in the first series. That page is still eared in her book. It seems like yesterday.

Other grey hairs speak of training woes and mistakes. I didn't know much of anything the first years and she sprouted a few of those hairs, I'm sure, from my many mistakes. She was so patient with me.
Her feet are gnarled and old. She's run many miles, and all because she loves me.
Darbi is limping again. Another injection into her poor, old feet maybe? But the end of trials is near for her....those old feet have almost done enough.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember your first Derby with her, great things to come!

Sharon