September 12, 2012

Heading out...

Sorry about the lack of posts lately.  It has been busy around here.

We're heading out to the Canadian National in Iron Bridge, Ontario today.  Talk about a long drive...

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

I'm not sure of the internet situation once we get there and don't know if I can blog, but I'll try.

We have 8 dogs going, including my very own Libby and Darbi!!  Libby is only 2 years old, so it will be interesting to see how she handles it all and Darbi is at the twilight of her career and will possibly be retired after this trial.

Libby is going to be a great dog when she grows up.  She just "gets" blinds, has a phenomenal memory and has guts-her greatest quality.  She is a more talented dog then Darbi.  Darbi has age and experience, she is not very easily "tricked" and she has seen hundreds (thousands?) of tests in her lifetime.  But if I were a betting woman, I'd put my money on Libby to go farther then Darbi right now.  Libby is more likely to "blow up", but she is also more likely to do a very difficult water test then Darbi.  We'll see if I'm right...

Plus, we have other Elmingo puppies Meg, Turq and Zink!!

Of course Miikka is coming along for the ride as the official Team Horsetooth Mascot.

No comments: