September 26, 2012

FINALISTS!

We're back from the Canadian National.

Remember what I said about me thinking that Libby might go farther then Darbi...
well...
forget that.

Darbi is a 2012 Canadian National Finalist!!

She was a warrior throughout the 10 series and 8 days of the National.

We were in GREAT shape going into the 10th series, but unfortunately had to handle on one bird of the water quad.

I can't express enough how much it means to finish a National with her, my first dog.  She's 3 days away from turning 10 days old and she ran with heart, style and precision.  Several people there commented to me that they couldn't believe her age and how stylish she ran for an old gal.

The arthritis in her right ankle was starting to act up near the end of the trial and I could tell that her leg was bothering her, but she kept running hard and straight.  It brought tears to my eyes on line.




Good job Momma D.  It was truly an honor.

1 comment:

BorderWars said...

Congratulations, that is a wonderful achievement.