January 11, 2012

Arson-Gone Too Soon

FC FTCH LKY'S CONTROLLED BURN
2005-2012

Finalist 2010 Canadian National

I'm very sorry to announce the passing of Arson after a short illness.

He was a special dog to everyone that knew him and will be sorely missed.

The very first time I stood beside Arson was when I won an Open with him in Canada, and it was also standing beside him that I got my first US Open placement.

I know that his owners, Brad & Diane, have broken hearts this evening.  My condolences to them.

He was a kind hearted spirit who could be trusted alone with a newborn puppy or small child, but also could be trusted to make a difficult 350 yard swim to the bird with more heart than I had ever seen before.

My husband also mourns his loss this evening.  Arson came into Kenny's life as a 6 month old pup with promise and hope.  He was a little slow to mature and didn't truly shine until he became an All-Age dog, and shine there he did.

He was in the prime of his life and taken too soon.

His son Gordie, who is lying at my feet as I type this, has very big paws to fill and a very wonderful daddy to look up to.



Arson and Kenny at 2010 US National

No comments: