June 11, 2009

Emma

Meet Elmingo's Second Chance, "Emma".  She is from the Tiger x Darbi litter of 2006.

Emma was named Second Chance for a reason and she taught me a lot as a breeder.  I sold her as "pick" female at 8 weeks old to a guy in the U.S.  The guy talked a good game and I fell for his lies.  Emma was flown to her destination and low and behold, the cheque bounced.

After some persuasion involving law enforcement, the pup was delivered by the guy to a local field trial pro who offered to take in the pup for a short time until I could get her back to me.  Emma was full of worms and did not look well.  Turns out she was purchased by said guy to be used as a brood bitch, and not be trained as a field trial dog as he had told me.

Enter Todd.  Todd is friends with Yankee's owners and said he would be willing to buy Emma after a 30 day trial period to be sure she was not sick or injured after her brief sojourn in hell.  Todd met the field trial pro half way and took her into his home.

And the rest, they say, is history.

Emma has Master Hunter passes in VERY limited tests (2 a year) and Todd wrote in a recent e-mail that he is "proud to be her partner".  

I learned many lessons from the sale of Emma.

Indeed she has had a "Second Chance" and I think she's a pretty lucky dog.


1 comment:

manymuddypaws said...

what a happy ending! the pictures are great!