July 8, 2013

Horse and hounds

I am an Amateur at heart.  You see, my horse WON a blue ribbon at a show a couple of weeks ago with his trainer, so you know what I did...I brought him home.

My trainer gave me the same look that Luckiest Man Alive gives some people when I asked "Can I bring him home for a week"?  I didn't care.  I wanted to enjoy him.

I've had Zed 2 1/2 years and I've never had him home.  Why not, I thought.  We have the room and a safe place to keep him.

Some random horse photos from the past week or so.


Heading out on the evening ride with the "girls".



Going for a swim after the ride...everyone but Zed that is.  He wanted no part of it.


Zed at a show with his trainer.  Since I don't get to ride very much, I don't have the "legs" to do a show.  But...I'm planning on showing Zed in August now that I'm home for a bit and able to ride more.


Zed in my front yard...literally...after the show.  Picture from my deck.


The new sign at Horsetooth Retrievers.


Peek-A-Boo...with Hattie snot on the window.


Hattie at the most recent horse show.  It was a hot day and she was very tired from all the visiting.  I tied her up for a second so I could take some pics of Zed showing.  Looks like the tying was unnecessary....she wasn't going anywhere.

No comments: