April 25, 2012

Fingers crossed...

I've been a little blog lazy since we've been home.  Sorry.

I've been bragging on here about how GREAT Darbi is doing.  Feeling great, training great and trialing great.  She's had a fabulous winter.  Especially for a dog her age.

And now...

3 breast lumps and a leg lump.

My wonderful vet is very worried.

He did fine needle aspiration on all 4 lumps and sent them off to pathology.

I'm off to a field trial tomorrow with Momma D.  No point sitting around and worrying when she's feeling so fantastic.

Keep your fingers crossed for her and me.

I'm a bit of a wreck at the THOUGHT of it.  That nasty bad word.  I can't even say it.

1 comment:

Blazingstar said...

Ugh... sorry to hear this Marcy. I will keep my fingers crossed that they are nothing serious. Probably best to get the mammary lumps removed (depending on what the results show, of course). Lupine had one removed in December and it turned out to be a low grade sarcoma, but the margins were great and there have been no new lumps. Apparently the prognosis is usually very good if mammary lumps are removed quickly.