December 29, 2011

Puppies everywhere!

I'm getting a new puppy.

I'm very excited.

I know, I know...it seems like I collect them and I guess I do.

I bought Otto and Stanley last year and sold them to clients of Kenny's.  They are still here in training with us and doing great!

I bought Loki and raised her and sold her to the client of another pro.  She now visits her own vineyard in Napa on her private plane, so I'm thinking Loki is living a good life.  I miss her a great deal.

I have Gordie now and he's a blast.  I'm hanging on to him for awhile to see what he's made of.

And now introducing Willie!!!  She's from the last ever breeding of NFC AFC Clubmead's Road Warrior, so I had a hard time passing this litter up.  She'll be ready to come home to me in a few weeks.


Willie is one of these THIRTEEN puppies.  I can't imagine 13.  The biggest litter I've ever had is 8 and they were a handful.  One of these cute little faces is Willie and I can't wait to meet her.


And re-introducing Stewie.  He's from the recent Arson x Miikka breeding and he's Gordie's brother.  Stewie now lives in Ohio and is having a grand time getting acquainted to ducks.


He's already a proficient little retriever.

And as an aside, Miss Miikka was spayed just before the holidays.  Even though she is young (ish) and had another litter left in her, I decided she has done enough.  Having 2 pups on the Top Twenty Derby List in the US this year and many others that are QAA and/or MHs is quite an accomplishment for a 7 year old mom.  I'm proud of her and can't wait to see what the future holds for her daughter Libby and I.

Darbi was due to be spayed the same day, but she came into season.  I'll have the surgery done sometime in 2012 when it's convenient for all of us.  

I have a daughter of each, and that's all I ever wanted.

No comments: