June 27, 2011

Peanut is in

Miikka is in season.

We're breeding her to FC FTCH LKY's Controlled Burn.

I'm very excited about this breeding for many reasons.

Arson is level headed, consistent and tries very hard.  As mentioned in previous posts, he got three AA placements with three different handlers in 2 week-ends this year.  Amateur First with Brad, Open Second with Kenny and Open Second with me.  Not many dogs can say that.  One of the very first times I ran him...EVER, we won an Open together in Canada.  As I walked off the line that day. after the last test, I said to Kenny: "so this is what it's like to drive a ferrari!".

His mother (FC AFC Mizpah Miss) is also our house dog.  She is a 3x National Finalist and Kenny says Arson is a lot like her.  I love how they're not great at any one thing, but they're sure good at everything. Arson can mark, he can run blinds, he's very good in the water, he's stylish, he's tractable...what's not to like?

I think he's a great match for Miikka.

I'm not just breeding to Arson, I'm breeding to his mother Miz.  "Families to families".  That's what I've been taught from breeders I look up to.  I've also been around a brother of Arson's and trained with Miz's mother quite a bit a number of years ago.

Plus, I have a puppy here I'm raising...she's 11 weeks old...from Arson's first breeding.  She is a hoot.  She retrieved, literally, right off the plane.  She's easy to have around and seems like a smart little gaffer.

I like the family.  I know the family.  Let's go for it.

No comments: