September 19, 2010

Pre-National

I'm in Merritt, BC to run the Canadian National Retriever Championship.

A LONG drive to get here from Colorado, but well worth it.  Amazing scenery.
We have only been here to train for two days before the National starts tomorrow.  I am running Darbi myself, which was a tough decision.  I thought about asking Kenny to run her as she runs so well for him and he is obviously much better then me...but I really wanted to experience a National myself as a handler and chose to give Darbi a "handicap" by running her myself.  I sure hope I don't mess it up.  She is running well and training great.

Kenny is running 5 dogs; Arson, Ollie, Rosie, Sinner and Tea.

Here is a pic of where we trained two days ago.


And another pic of Saturday's training grounds.  If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see the two white coats we used as part of the test.



Me and Momma D (one of Darbi's many nicknames) running a land blind.



Below is a picture of the grounds from today's training.  You can see the holding blind we were using for the poison bird gunner.



And we were looking down upon Merritt from where we trained today.  Gorgeous.



Finally a pic of the line.  We had a good sized group today and had lots of fun.



Fun part of my day is that I got to meet "Eider".  Eider is Elmingo's Pacific Eider and I have not seen him since I put him on a plane at 8 weeks old.  He is from the 2007 Shaq x Miikka litter and he is here all week as one of the "set up" dogs for the judges.  Eider completed his Master Hunter last week-end and he looks just like mom.  Was so fun to see him.

No comments: