November 19, 2008

Getting busy here.



I was away at a conference for a couple days and my parents were kind enough to move in to baby-sit the pups!  
Pups are now very active when they are not sleeping or nursing.  They are playing with each other, growling, barking and having an all out good time.
Even though their eyes opened a while back, they can now "see" and come over to greet me when I come in the room.
I am going to start weaning them today with ACANA large breed puppy that will be soaked in water.  It will take a few days for them to get the picture that food is to eat, and not to sit in.  I believe in gradual weaning and will let Darbi dictate how fast it goes.  Darbi is having a hard time keeping weight on right now though as she is putting out lots of milk for the little guys and she is up to over 12 cups a day of ACANA Sport.
As you can also see, pups are thinking about what is going on outside the whelping box and I will change them to a "puppy play area" with potty box in the next day or two.



No comments: