October 15, 2011

Weaning

Weaning is always fun.
I wait until Momma tells me it's time and then we dive in.


As you can see, pups are still tubby little guys, so the food I put down for them was ignored the first couple of days.


Mr. Blue actually fell asleep on the food dish last night.


They started to show interest today.  
As you can see from the dirty little nose, I've been taking them outside a few times a day now.  They are having a blast discovering the great outdoors.


And they were hungry after their evening romp outside!  The kibble here hardly had time to moisten as I didn't think they'd want to eat tonight, but when Miikka walked away from them I quickly moistened up another round.  It was the first time they dug in to their food!
I let Miikka clean up any leftovers and there wasn't any tonight!

No comments: